Strange thing happened the other day while I was watching TV. Well, maybe not so strange, but it was a real lesson from life for me.
As I was watching the last few minutes of ‘Law and Order” the screen suddenly went blank! Wow, now I will never know who was guilty of that horrible crime.
Anyway, the surge protector began to send off this horrible screeching sound, so I turned it off, right!! So, I spent the next few minutes trying to get the TV to work, then gave up and went to bed. The next day I realized the phone and the internet were also not working, so I asked Bobbie to look at it and she could not figure it out, so I decided I did not need the noise, and would wait for La Donna to get home. But I really missed my phone and the internet, which were also connected to the same surge protector.
When I talked to her about the problem, her solution was to re-route the plug into a wall socket, so I would have direct contact for the phone and the internet. Such a great idea! I had never thought about the fact that the source of power had been interrupted when I turned off the instrument into which the things were connected!!
The Lesson??? We cannot enter the Kingdom of God by any other source except the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life, No man comes to the Father except through Him. Many are trying to reach eternal life by some other source, but they will fail. Yes, our works are important, but only as a RESULT of our salvation, through Jesus, the Redeemer. Our church affiliation, our attendance, our giving, our works, do not gain eternal life nor forgiveness from sin, no matter how exemplary they may be as evidence that we are a child of God.
No matter how wonderful a person is, how much we love and admire them, they cannot, in and of their works, take away our sin and give us eternal life.They cannot become our "surge protector". We must make direct contact to that true source of life, Jesus Christ our Lord. That is the direct source into which we must be “plugged” to become a new creature in Christ. John 3:3, 5.16,17.
The Solution? Make certain that you are “plugged” into the direct source. Such a simple answer. Yet, because it is so simple, many will not look for it as the answer to all the problems they face in this world and the judgment that will come in the next world when we face our Creator and Savior. Sometimes the “simple” solutions are the ones we fail to apply to our life. Read Matthew 5,6 and 7, verse by verse, and take time to think about the simplicity of what Jesus is asking, telling us, is the way to receive the true and direct source of life. Then “repent, take up your cross and follow Jesus.”
Always be sure you have that “direct” connection!
The Real Thing
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment