For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted like as we are, YET without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need! Hebrews 4:15, 16
Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:8
Memory can be a blessing or a curse. As I think back over the years, I am often blessed by the memory of past events, with family and friends. Happy times, for the most part, overshadowed the bad times. My Lord has dimmed those memories which were found to be unpleasant. I chose not to dwell in those places, choosing rather the more pleasant times. Those times include the times of repentance, and receiving Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, the time when I received the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in an unknown tongue, the times, too numerous to list, when my prayers were answered, the birth of my children and their times of New Birth, the glorious times of worship at the churches we attended, when the Holy Spirit blessed and ministered to those in need. Yes, I am Pentecostal, blessed to believe that my God still moves among those who will worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. How can you not believe when you witness miracles of salvation, deliverance and healing with your own eyes?
Before the days when it became unpopular to speak in tongues, or to pray for deliverance of those souls who were in bondage to Satan, or to pray for a miracle of healing, I witnessed many such occurrences. Every service, when we gathered together to worship God, I saw miracles happening in lives of those in need.
I remember the time when a year old child, blind from birth, reached out and pulled the handkerchief from the pocket of the minister who had just believed for her healing. She could see!!
I remember when a woman bound to a wheel chair for seven years, rose and ran around the building, after being healed of her infirmity.
I remember when I was standing during worship service, standing in such pain from a dislocated disc. A dear, obedient believer came to me and laid her hand on my back, praying for deliverance. After several months of severe pain, I was set free. I felt the power of God, like warm oil, flow down my back and legs, and the pain was erased from my body never to return. The healing took place in 1990!
Yes, my God is still the same as He was then, and still the same as when He walked the earth, healing all manner of diseases, opening blind eyes, setting captive spirits free, making lame to walk. Yes, He is still the same; it is believers who have changed. It has become ‘unpopular’ to practice the Great Commission in the fullness. We, as well as the disciples, were commissioned to: “as you go, preach, saying the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils; freely you have received, freely give.” Matthew 10:7, 8
Remember, He is the same, He changes NOT, His promises endure forever, and His power has not dimmed!
His commission to all believers is still the same. Take His Word for it and leave the scholars, the philosophers books on the shelf! Take up the Bible, God’s Word, and read His message to you. Yes, it will require some life changes, some laying aside of those sins which hinder your walk with Him. It takes fasting, prayer and commitment to walk with Him in Spirit and in Truth. But isn’t that the calling we received when we accepted the Eternal Life He bought for us at Calvary? "Inasmuch as you do it to the least of these, you do it to me."
Memories, start creating some precious,everlasting memories!
The Real Thing
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment