Choices – Choose God
Deuteronomy 7:9-11
I thank God for freedom to chose to worship Him.
I thank God for freedom to assemble together to learn of Him and read His Word.
I think we can correlate the freedoms we are given by our nation to our service to God.
What happens when the nation forgets God or gives only lip service to Him while our hearts are far from God?
I am thankful for the freedoms we have in this great land. Since both sets of Grandparents and my mother were immigrants, sojourners to this country, I am especially grateful for what I have been given as an American citizen.
But I am more thankful as a citizen of a better land, a place which we are still actively traveling towards. A heavenly home, prepared for all who travel the journey by faith. This was my choice early in my long life.
In Deuteronomy 7:9-11 we read, “Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keeps covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations: and repays them that hate him to their face, to destroy them; he will not be slack to him that hates him, he will repay him to his face. You shall therefore keep the commandments, and the statues, and the judgments which I command thee this day, to do them.
Deuteronomy 30:15; See, I have set before you this day life and good, and death and evil.
We are faced with choices every day. Should we choose good or shall we choose evil? The founding fathers made decisions or choices that affect us today, hundreds of years later. My Grandparents chose freedoms which were given to all. They chose freedom to worship and were thankful for what was promised to them in America. They were just as thankful for the fact they were citizens of Heaven, pilgrims and strangers in a foreign land. The promises of American government could be broken or changed but God’s promises are forever. He is a faithful, eternal, never changing God. God’s promises are certain so I hope I can leave an example for those who follow me, to keep the commandments of my Heavenly Father.
Life is all about 'Choices'!
Choosing Christ in the 'little' things of your life reveals to others that you have chosen HIM as Your Lord.
The Real Thing
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment