May I wish you all a very blessed Resurrection Sunday!!
I could have written each of you and done this many times over, but this is the
age of technology and I will say that I hope you consider this a very personal message from me. Remember that I love you.
As I read the scriptures again about the death and resurrection of our Lord, I became concerned that we might be somewhat like the disciples and the believers of that time. Luke 24:25,26. The world has made this all about rabbits and eggs and fun, but let us remember the true reason for celebration.
God had a plan. NO, God HAS a plan!!
The death of Christ was necessary to secure our redemption from the curse of death and sin. It was necessary that we might receive God's mercy and forgiveness. They had learned this from Jesus, yet they were so quick to forget what He had taught them, they became full of sorrow and doubt. But as the two walked on the road, and Jesus walked with them, explaining the scripture, He did not chastise them for their feelings, but when they saw who it was they talked with, their hope was rekindled and their eyes were opened to see God's plan revealed in His Word. His grace IS sufficient in moments of doubt and discouragement. The disciples had heard the words but they did not take them to heart.
We MUST apply the truths we read and hear about in God's plan. He said 'because I live, You shall live also" Have you experienced the amazing love of God personally!
He will come to you and walk with you whenever you are ready to talk. John 14 tells us that He had to leave, but He would come again to take us to a special place.
The stone is rolled away
The grave is empty
The Savior is Risen
He is coming again!
His nail scared hands reach out to you. In John 6:37 Jesus tells us if we come to him, he will not cast us out.
In John 14:1-3 He has gone way, to prepare a place for us to be with Him for eternity. God had a plan for death, resurrection and one more thing. He plans to return to take all who believe and obey to spend eternity with Him.
This Resurrection Day may you set the eyes of your heart on the Savior and allow Him to take control of every area of your life so you will experience fresh hope and faith in the Risen Savior.
HAPPY RESURRECTION
0 comments:
Post a Comment