We become what we behold.
So, Lord, let my eyes see only you!
Let me look upon the truth, Lord
For you alone are true.
Let me set my eyes upon that
Which is honest, pure and just.
If I behold your beauty and your mercy,
Then my heart can learn to trust.
The heartaches and disappointments
Will take their proper place,
As tools to teach me mercy,
Forgiveness, love and faith.
Give me insight into what
You suffered just for me.
Let me turn my eyes on you Lord.
Let my mouth speak only your praise.
Let my heart find peace and comfort,
When I practice what I teach.
Philippians 3:13, 14; “I count not myself to have apprehended;
but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling
of God in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:6-8
“Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face.
The things of this earth will glow strangely dim
In the light of His wonder and grace!”
Frances Stewart
December, 2000
The Real Thing
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment