I woke up early this morning as the sunrise welcomed the day.
So anxious to keep my appointment with the one who is the Way.
As we talk in these early hours I find strength for my journey.
Each morning as I talk with my Lord and I worship at His feet
I leave my heavy burdens there.
Perfect peace and joy abound and I am walking on holy ground.
For though I am weak as I face each new day
Every burden, every care are lifted from my soul
For my Savior knows the answer,
He takes all my burdens away
For I have found Him always faithful.
Just as He promised, He will do!
Every sin forgive
Every fear remove
Every sickness heal
Every need supply
Every battle win!
So I bring myself, exchange the old for the new
Surrender to my lord and receive glorious blessings.
As the sun dispels the darkness
So His spirit conquers the fears
Which are natural to every man.
Our time together each morning
Is necessary to sustain my life.
For He is my strength and my shield
Against the darts of the enemy.
Can I share these moments with others?
To teach how important it is
That each take those moments with Him
And leave your worldly self
And take up your life in Him
The burden is easy
And the cross so very light
No greater power on earth can be found
Than to die, that you may live anew
The life Christ gives to you.
“Come unto me all who labor and are heavy burdened;I will give you rest”
“Take up your cross and follow Me”
The Real Thing
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment