I sit alone in my quiet time. I watch the trees move to the silent breeze. The tall grasses wave to and fro and I know---the wind blows and birds flutter from branch to branch then down to the ground to find some tasty bit of food. Are they worried? They sing and seem confident “all is well”.
Deer sometimes venture out from the trees along the stream. They feast on the tall grasses growing on the hillside. They cautiously graze, watching and listening for signs and sounds of danger. When the breeze strikes the wind chimes and the sound of pleasant music fills the air the deer listen but do not flee. They seem to sense no danger from this sound.
Is there a lesson here for me? In my peaceful valley I am safe and all things are provided for me by my Creator, My Father in Heaven. He cares for me! Yes, I must seek the nourishment for my body and soul. Yes I must be vigilant and watch for signs of danger—things that might bring distractions or danger to my relationship with my Father.
I can sing as I toil for necessary food and shelter. Like the birds I can bring pleasant sounds to those around me. My searching and building are not an unpleasant task, but bring joy to my journey.
Like the deer, I must be ever vigilant and recognize any thing that could bring harm. Instinctively, I know what will be a danger to my soul and I will run swiftly to the safety of my Father’s arms.
I can not see the wind but I do see the effects of it as it blows. Trees and grasses wave to and fro. I feel the pleasant cooling on my face and so it is with my God. No one can see His face but we can KNOW assuredly, He is always near to those who seek Him. Like the wind, He may be still for a time, but rest confident that He will never leave nor forsake His own. Jesus said, “Watch and pray”. Matthew 24:42, Matthew 25:13.
Frances Stewart
June 13, 2005
The Real Thing
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment