Though my steps are far from perfect
And I often stumble
And I fall!
Yet my heart burns within me
My spirit longs to please you
So I answer when YOU call
To walk with you,
To talk in sweet communion
But I struggle with one question
In my state of imperfection
Will YOU answer when I call?
O, what mercy! Oh, what grace!
That you should love me
Just as I am!
As I listen to your voice
May I ever walk more surely
As my steps follow yours
I know I’ll not be perfect
‘Till my life is hid in yours.
As my eyes see as you see
When my heart beats as thine
When my greatest desire is of others
To know your grace divine!
Oh, praise your name forever
Gracious Father, Precious Lord,
Savior of mankind.
There will never be another
Who can change hearts
And make us see.
Your ways are so much better
Our lives are so much richer,
When you set our spirit FREE!
Frances F. Stewart
August, 1999
The Real Thing
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment